Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ghost of Fingertips

“Safe,” Dakshana echoed. She cast a glance around the forest - it was night, and the moon above cast menacing shadows along the ground. “Let’s just go back to the village, please.”

“Wait,” one of the elders said. “We must perform a ritual - ensure you have not been tainted.”

Dakshana’s eyes narrowed. “If Minka and Srina were unharmed, it should stand to reason that I, too, am unharmed.”

“Yes,” the elder hedged, “but you were gone much longer.”

Dakshana drew herself up straighter. She could feel the tingle of magic up her spine, the ghost of Chadstone’s fingertips. “Does that matter?”

2 comments:

grburbank said...

I haven't read this for a while being busy with grad school applications and all. I have (sort of) caught up. I continue to be intrigued.

Nagi said...

Wow! I'm impressed that you're keeping up at all. I'm flattered, though. And I do totally understand the freak-out of grad school applications.