Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spin of the Universe

Her lips had barely brushed his before she thrust the sword through his chest, and she stepped back before the world around her dissolved and reformed once more.

What followed next was a dizzying array of battles. She was clad in golden armor that glittered like fish scales, standing outside a white city, and Chadstone, clad in silver armor, stood atop its walls, pennant raised high.

A cry rang behind her.

“Allah wills it!”

All it took to kill Chadstone was a single arrow through the throat. Then came another spin of the universe, and another battle shimmered into being.

3 comments:

grburbank said...

I'm enjoying all the different settings for the battles. I do feel that they're all a little too easy for mere human Dakshana though.

Nagi said...

Hmmm. You speak truth. This is a remix of a novel I started in high school, and I keep forgetting that Dakshana is not as kick-ass now as she was through most of the novel.

Madness said...

Yay!!! I am caught up again. Whew, you went on a posting spree.

My excuse was that I was away for the weekend to Cedar City.

I can see what Lifeasabox says, but I am also used to Dakshana being absolutely kick-ass! I love them as always!