Saturday, September 26, 2009

First Demonstration

“Where’s Old Master?” Rastaban asked.

“He’s gone.”

“As in dead?”

“As in doing necessary work.” Shanka hoisted her pack. “We have to go.”

“Where? Why?”

“You don’t want it to be just the three of us forever, do you?”

Rastaban leered. “If it were just the two of us --”

“We have a fourth to summon.” Shanka faced him squarely. “Now, it’s been long enough that people have forgotten Shanka’s army. You’ll have to pretend you’re in charge. Consider this your first demonstration of your tactical skills.”

“So you have to call me Master?”

“Hardly. Although you will call me Kana.”

2 comments:

grburbank said...

Enjoying the story as always. I do have to say the last few posts--Rastaban's training and such--have felt a little disjointed. And I understand that you're covering a lot of time in a small amount of space montage-style.

Anyway, I'm once again intrigued. Kana is back and who's this fourth person. I feel like we're resuming the story.

Nagi said...

School is out to kill me, and I do confess, I wanted to get past Rastaban and on to the next character. It's bad form, to love some characters more than others.