Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Girl So Scary

Andrev awoke sharply, one hand going for his spear, the other for his flint knife.

Kana stood over him, holding her own spear and smiling quizzically at him.

“Is a girl so scary, hunter-friend?”

Andrev rubbed at his eyes and then realized that it was still dark. “It’s the middle of the night. What d’you want?”

“Pheasants,” Kana said. “The women told me so.”

Andrev squinted at the skyline and saw that Kana wasn’t entirely mad; the sun was on its way.

“I thought we had more than enough pheasants.”

“Not after the feast. Come on! Time to hunt.”

2 comments:

grburbank said...

You're back! I hope you feel 100% better and plague-free, and that you had fun doing mock trials--is that what it was?

As always, I enjoy the posts, and now I'm all caught up again. I'm excited to see how Andrev's story plays out.

Nagi said...

I am, in fact, plague-free and pretty happy about it. I also had a blast doing mock-trials.

Wow! You get caught up quickly. Hopefully Andrev's story plays out well.