Monday, October 13, 2008

Smile

Dakshana's heart drummed faster than a hummingbird's wings. Since Ashoken's vanishing, she had learned to watch for herself, knowing how the villagers watched her, feared her.

She didn't know anyone could sneak up on her. But Chadstone's smile robbed her of fear - and breath. His expression was - awed. Eyes wide, pupils dilated, like he was drinking in the sight of her. Then the expression wavered, and Dakshana saw something new in his eyes - want. Dakshana shivered mesmerized, thrilled, but was subconsciously wary.

Then Chadstone lowered his gaze, heavy black lashes veiling lightning blue, and he was - vulnerable. Shy. But he smiled.

1 comment:

Madness said...

Hey I'm caught up again!!! I love the Dakshana Chadstone thread.

you will have to tell me kind of how heavy noir works. do I jsut post stuff and people comment or do I write from provided prompts?


Wow the Vegas Ren Fair was freaking amazing!!!! I designed leather wrist straps and bartered them for things that I wanted.

I got you something for your gypsy costume! ^-^

Cheers my friend and master ^-^